Cork Athletics Graded Track & Field Leagues 2017 - Sponsored by John Buckley Sports
CIT Track, April - July 2017
Cork Athletics popular Graded Track & Field Leagues, sponsored, as always, by John Buckley Sports, returns later this month, on April 26th, and runs through to July.
NB: Cork Athletics is planning a further review, next week, of the 2017 Graded League program. As a consequence some details of the program may change
Four (4) graded League meets will be held, for both male and female athletes. Athletes who are eligible to compete Under-17 in 2017 are also eligible to take part, with the exception of male athletes, in Shot, Discus and Hammer, who must be Under-19 in 2017.
All registered Athletics Ireland athletes are eligible to take part in these Leagues. Guest athletes are very welcome, but MUST be Athletics Ireland registered, or, if from outside Ireland, must be members of another IAAF member Federation.
- Track events may be divided into separate races on the basis of performance, or numbers participating.
- It is likely that races will be mixed male and female.
- Club colours must be worn.
- Entries will be taken, on the day, at the track, from approx. 7pm.
- The entry fee per meeting is €5.
- It is intended to have electronic timing at each meeting.
Graded League Schedule 2017
|26-Apr-17||Wed||CIT Track||7.45 p.m.||100m||Mile||400m||Long Jump||Shot||Discus||56lb for Distance|
|29-May-17||Mon||CIT Track||7.45 p.m.||110mH||800m||200m||3000m||High Jump||Hammer||Javelin||Pole Vault|
|29-Jun-17||Thurs||CIT Track||7.45 p.m.||100m||1500m||400m||Long Jump||Shot||Discus||56lb for Distance|
|28-Jul-17||Fri||CIT Track||7.45 p.m.||800m||200m||3000m||High Jump||Hammer||Javelin|
Throwing events, and long and triple jumps, will be decided on basis of 4 attempts.
Other Qualification Events:
2. Cork Athletics will consider adding additional Qualification Events to the Graded Leagues program, providing sufficient notice is received, so that every effort can be made to assemble a field of appropriate standard.
3. Pole vault has been added to Meet 2; Monday May 29th
Other events may be added. Any additional events will be posted on the individual Graded League event page, and circulated on Cork Athletics social media.
- The John Buckley Cup will be presented to the Best Club over the four meets
- The athletes, male and female, with the Best Points Total, at each meet, will receive vouchers to the value of €50 each
- The club with the highest points total, combined male and female, at each meet will receive €100